Here I go again - I hear those trumpets blow again

Continuing my trip back through the 1961 album charts.

26/03/61 : Swing Easy! - Frank Sinatra


Well, it's been nearly four months since we last saw him so it's definitely time we caught up with him again - I have a sneaking suspicion this might be another of his swing albums...

Yup - but this one hit home more than most have this year with his voice sounding good and the accompaniment being nice and bouncy.  I particularly like "Taking A Chance On Love" but it all swung past nicely - however, I still think there's a reasonable argument that you only need so much Frank in your life.

We're at #18 in the charts this week on his last week of a seven week run, which was his fourth run of five separate visits with #5 being as high as it got in its sixth week out of a total of seventeen - lots of random numbers for you there! The top five this week were South Pacific, ElvisThe Everly BrothersGeorge and yet more Frank and we have three mostly instrumental new entries for Acker Bilk (#17), Johnny And The Hurricanes (#18) and Duane Eddy (#20).

Wikipedia tells us this is his eighth album and I knew it flew by, but I didn't realise it's only 19 minutes long. It's also his first album to be arranged by Nelson Riddle who we've met several times this year - he was a busy lad!

"Customers also listened to" - unsurprisingly, a load of other albums from Frank. I've had more than enough of him this year, but this was probably his best showing so far (and no, it's not the last time we'll be seeing him).

19/03/61 - Another oddity from '61
02/04/61 - A very pleasant surprise

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves