I'll never know what made it so exciting

Continuing my trip back through the 1961 album charts.

05/03/61 : Come Dance With Me! - Frank Sinatra

Our fifth and final visit with Mr Sinatra this year (yes, I've checked it's not going to happen again) - for a change he hasn't used the word "swing" in the title, but I'll be amazed if this ain't got that swing.

Yeah, it's pretty swing-y. I didn't mind it, but if I'm being honest I've just had enough of him this year, so I didn't pay too much attention to it. I did notice our third version of "I Could Have Danced All Night" this year though - it's certainly not as good as Julie's version though and I'm not sure it's as good as Ray's version. I'm really not sure what they were thinking with that album cover though.

We're at #14 with a re-entry on the chart this week - it's popped back in for a week, ten months after it was previously seen! And it was first seen in May '59 for eighteen weeks, peaking at #2 for a couple of weeks. The top five this week were ElvisSouth PacificGeorgeFrank and Cliff and there was one new entry for King Kong (#13).

Wikipedia tells us this is his sixteenth album and was his most successful album in the US, spending 2.5 years in the Billboard chart and won the Grammy Award for Album Of The Year. And that's all it's got on it - and I really don't feel the need to say any more on the man this year!

"Customers also listened to" a million different albums featuring Frank - there are sooo many of them out there. And boy did people really love them back them - I'd be interested to know how many people listen to anything other than his best-ofs these days, because my main takeaway from the year is that you really don't need anything more than that in your life.

19/02/61 - The other him again!
12/03/61 - A woman allowed out on her own?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves