How many of your friends fit in my Rolls?

Continuing my trip forward in time through the album charts

10/06/22 : Twelve Carat Toothache - Post Malone


I am aware of Mr Malone (who sounds like a geography teacher when you call him that) and I don't mind his stuff - "Sunflower" is a very fine track indeed.  I'm not entirely convinced I need a whole album of his stuff though.

And, well - I didn't need it but I also didn't find it quite as tiresome as I feared.  He uses his guest stars pretty well and there's a wider range of them than I was expecting - I certainly wasn't expecting to see Fleet Foxes on here.  I think "One Right Now", the track he does with The Weeknd is probably the best track on the album (and it's swiftly followed by the worst track).  I can't say I'll be rushing back to it and it certainly won't be for everyone, but there are far worse albums out there.  I like the album cover though - even if I'm not entirely sure what's going on...

We're a new entry at #3 this week - the only new entry in the top 10.  Above it are Harry and Ed - I suspect I'd better get used to typing that sentence.  The next new entry in the charts is at #21 with Prince And The Revolution and their live album, which I imagine is impressive if not exactly current.

Wikipedia has more text than we usually see for new albums, but surprisingly little content - the main thing I took away is that it's being physically released on CD and cassette, which seems a little odd.  The critics generally liked it, saying it was more polished than his previous stuff - I assume it will go down well in the US, but at time of writing their chart hasn't been released for this week.

"Customers also listened to" The Chainsmokers, Lizzo, 5 Seconds of Summer and Tate McRae - which is an odder and younger demographic than I was expecting for this.  I think we can safely say it's not aimed at me, but I'm going to graciously say that I didn't mind it.  But that's absolutely as excited as I'm going to get about it, I'm afraid.

03/06/22 - Not as dreadful as I was expecting
17/06/22 - Fine when it's not trying too hard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves