Gravity's holdin' me back

Continuing my trip forward in time through the album charts

27/05/22 : Harry's House - Harry Styles


Well, I wouldn't declare myself the biggest Harry fan in the world, but his last album was considerably more decent than I was expecting (although I wouldn't go as far as claiming it was one of the best 500 albums ever).  And "As It Was" and "Late Night Talking" haven't been dreadful, so I wasn't approaching this with nearly as much trepidation as I would otherwise have been...

And yeah, it's in a similar vein to the last album - some decent sounds harking back to that shimmery 60s and 70s sound.  I would say there was less variation than I remembered on Fine Line and his personality doesn't really shine through on the album, but I'm guessing that was a distinct choice they made.  I'd basically say that if you like the singles (and if you've not heard them, you're doing well) then you'll like the album - although I've been told that "Matilda" is easily the strongest track on the album, with my eldest having listened to it over 100 times just to make sure.  For some reason, the album cover reminded me of the video to "Virtual Insanity", so I took the opportunity to rewatch it - and so should you.

We're at #1 with a new entry and apparently it's the biggest selling album of the year so far, so that's quite some new entry (and he also has the top three in the singles chart as well, so he's doing OK for himself).  Other new entries in the top ten are Everything Everything (#4) and M Huncho (#5) - we also have a re-entry at #8 for a certain Mr Styles.  No idea how that happened!  I was also intrigued by the new entry at #11 for xPropaganda - made up of ex-members of (can you guess?) Propaganda, who I used to like back in the day.

Wikipedia has a bit on the album, most of which tells us that the critics and the general public liked it A LOT, with it getting to #1 in a load of countries, including the US.  "Customers also listened to" Camila Cabello, Lizzo and Lil Nas X - he's certainly left the boy-band tag behind him, hasn't he?  I thought this album was perfectly fine, if not quite the move forward I might have hoped for - whatever my opinion of it, I suspect we'll be seeing it around on the charts for a few weeks yet though.

20/05/22 - One I liked but didn't enjoy
03/06/22 - Not as dreadful as I was expecting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves