Me to you, now that will chuckle me

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

05/06/20 : Dissimulation - KSI



Our second visit with KSI on this exercise (which is two more than I was expecting, if I'm being honest).  Last time, it's safe to say I wasn't overly impressed - I can't say my expectations are any higher this time around.

Well, he makes it clear from the first track that he’s a bit sweary - well done him, eh?  There are some nice enough background noises on it, but I'm afraid the rapping generally earns a resounding meh from me - although I didn’t mind "Down Like That".  And at least it was only 33 minutes long, I guess - I'm really not sure that album cover does him any favours though.

We're at #2 in the charts this week - he was a new entry the previous week (also at #2) and managed a run of 17 weeks, which seems to be considerably more than it deserves.  The new entries in the top ten were Lady Gaga (#1), Kygo (#6) and Aitch (#7) - and the latter two have passed me by completely, I'm afraid.

Wikipedia has a surprising amount on the album (186 milliPeppers) most of which tells me that the critics liked it and considered it to be a real step forward for the lad - so hopefully I won't have to experience his previous output.  It did pretty well globally, except in the US where it struggled to #149 - which kinda surprised me, but I guess it's quite a crowded rap market over there.

"Customers also listened to" S-X (his mate from Gogglebox) and a load of other people I've never heard of.  And I suspect I'd not be that fussed on them either - this just left me cold, I'm afraid.

29/05/20 - I can almost understand the appeal
12/06/20 - Fine, I guess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves