Muddy poured up, got a cutter

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

29/05/20 : WUNNA - Gunna


Never heard of this - rappy stuff maybe?

Yeah, it a very US-stylee bass heavy rap.  It's not my sort of thing, but he seems to have some lyrical skills - he gets the words out quickly but still clearly.  So for a track or two, I didn't mind it and could almost appreciate it - but a whole album was too much for me.  But if you like this sort of thing, then I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't like this - but you probably know a lot more about it, so if you don't like it I'm sure you've got good reasons.  It's not going to stick in my mind though - except that I know I'm going to struggle to remember if it's "Wunna by Gunna" or "Gunna by Wunna".

We've got a new entry at #5 in the charts this week - which is the lowest position we've made it to so far.  Ahead of it, we have The 1975, KSI, Lewis Capaldi and Dua Lipa (#1-4 respectively, with the top two being new entries) - some of these are better than others.  The only other new entry in the top ten is Agust D (#7) - no idea about that, and it's going to stay that way (OK, I lied - he's one of BTS)

Wikipedia doesn't have a lot on the album other than listing all the guest artists - most of whom I've never heard of.  The critics liked the album though and the public went mad for it in the US, coming straight in at #1.  Which doesn't massively surprise me.

"Customers also listened to" Young Thug, Young Stoner Life and Rich The Kid - a definite juvenile influence going on there.  As for Gunna, it's not for me but I can see why people would like it, which is more than I say for a lot of this stuff.  

22/05/20 - Different, but not better
05/06/20 - Not one for me, I'm afraid

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves