I'm not denyin' that I don't know what's ahead of me

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

30/07/21 : All Over The Place - KSI


Another celebrity Goggleboxer for you - and if you've never seen him and S-X discussing whether bread-bins are a thing or not, you're in for a treat.  On the music front, I've heard a couple of his singles and suspect I'm not really going to get into this album and everyone will be absolutely fine with that state of affairs.

Yeah - it's not hateful and there are some nice enough noises in places, but I can't imagine any other scenario where I'd listen to a whole album of it.  It all feels a bit "US rap wannabe" but is more bearable than a lot of of the US stuff for me and some of the lyrics suggests he's well aware of which sides of the Atlantic he hales from - for instance on "Silly" he's "sipped up on Tetley".  I'd struggle to say the album is my cup of Tetley though (and other brands of tea are available).

We're at #4 in the charts again this week - he debuted at #1 last week and has managed 26 weeks on the charts since, so it's more popular than I was expecting it to be.  Ahead of it in the chart this week were Dave (the highest new entry at #1), Anne-Marie (also a new entry) and Olivia and there were no other new entries in the top 10.  Although, somewhat bizarrely, both the Kid Laroi and Amy Winehouse re-entered the top 10 with jumps of 52 and 36 places respectively - I'm sure there was some reason for it but I really can't be bothered investigating.

Wikipedia has a reasonable amount on the album, but most of it just seems to be listing all the guest appearances on the album - it's a bit of a "who's who" of UK and US hip-hop.  Somewhat more entertaining are the guest appearances on "The KSI Show" which he streamed to celebrate the album's release - quite obviously Emile Heskey, Jonathan Ross and Lorraine Kelly were involved.  Errr - OK.  The critical reviews are quite interesting with some praising the album's diversity whereas others criticise it for being all over the place - you ain't ever gonna please everyone, I guess.  It did pretty well commercially having got to #1 over here and made the top 5 in an odd mix of countries - Ireland, Norway, New Zealand and Denmark.  And he even cracked the US charts - #94!

"Customers also listened to" S-X, AJ Tracey, Dave and a load of other names I can't tell you anything about.  This just ain't my thing I'm afraid - it's reasonably listenable but I just don't care about.  And yeah, I appreciate plenty disagree with me and I'm fine with that - they're welcome to it.

23/07/21 - Just very tiresome
06/08/21 - I liked this more than I was expecting to

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves