With so much left to do, you'll be missing out - and we'll be missing you

Continuing my trip back through the 2015 album charts.

12/04/15 : Future Hearts - All Time Low


I've known of All Time Low's existence for some time, but had completely avoided them until I saw them at Reading a couple of years ago - where I really enjoyed them, so I'm quite looking forward to this. 

Yeah, it's very much in the vein of what I heard - all relatively low-key verses leading into amped-up choruses, which is a sound I enjoy (particularly live). I liked "Something's Got To Give", "Missing You" and "Old Scars/Future Hearts" but it's all pretty decent - it's not a million miles away from The Wombats, but more American. Once again, there are far worse things the kids could be listening to.

We're at a somewhat surprising #1 with a new entry in the chart this week on the start of a six week run - it's easily their most successful album chart-wise and I've no idea why because "Something's Got To Give" was the only single that charted and it got to #84. The rest of the top five were JamesEdSam and The Prodigy and the next highest new entry is Drenge (#14) who I don't think I've ever heard of.

Wikipedia tells us this is their sixth album and notes a change of musical direction (which I'm not aware of, so I'll be interested to catch up with some of their earlier stuff) and the use of a lot of external songwriters. The critics were pretty nice about it and it did well commercially getting to #4 in Australia, #3 in Canada and #2 in the US, so it's another album that did well in English speaking countries.

"Customers also listened to" Simple Creatures, Simple Plan, Sleeping Sirens and Set It Off - this week's artists are brought to you by the letter S, it appears. I liked this without absolutely loving it - they feel like a group that I'd go for their best-of, but it would be enough for me.

05/04/15 - Fine if you like that sort of thing
19/04/15 - Fine, without being earth-shattering

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves