It's all fun and games until the party ends

Continuing my trip forward in time through the album charts

16/06/23 : The Show - Niall Horan 

I was all ready to say this was my third 1D member ticked off the list, but imagine my surprise when I found out I'd already listened to a Niall album.  And I didn't remember?!?  Shame on me!  I'm not expecting to love this, but I'm also not expecting to not find much on it to be rude about - it's going to be a well done "not my sort of thing".

And yeah, there's not really anything there to be rude about here - it's not my sort of thing, but he's definitely aiming for it to be Harry's fans sort of thing.  Only time will tell how things work out for him - my suspicion is that he'll be partially successful but he ain't gonna threaten Harry's crown.  I have to admit I liked "Must Be Love" - it's a nice album closer.  

We're at #1 in the charts with a new entry this week on a bumper week for new entries.  The rest of the top five are McFly (new entry), James (new entry, and I'll check this one out because their last album was pretty good), Harry (the tour ain't hurting his streaming figures) and The Weeknd.  We have one more new entry in the top ten with Christine and The Queens (#7), poor Talyor only has eight albums in the chart and our new "where is last week's album?" feature tells us that Foo Fighters are at #10, which is probably higher than I was expecting.  Hey, maybe I should guess where this week's album is gonna land - just to show how bad I am at reading the room.  OK, I reckon Niall is gonna be at #15 next week.

Wikipedia has quite a bit on the album but most of it is pretentious guff about how he's matured and this is his best album yet - but the critics very much agreed with him and were very nice about it indeed.  It's also done well commercially, hitting #1 in quite a few countries - including, unsurprisingly, Ireland.

"Customers also listened to" Jonas Brothers, Coi Leray, Raye and, quelle surprise, Harry Styles.  I didn't mind this, but my opinion isn't really all that important on this one, is it?  If you're gonna like this, you're gonna like it and if not - well, I'll leave it up to you to guess.

09/06/23 - Fine, I guess
23/06/23 - A well timed album by the lad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves