I swear there was lightning coming from your eyes

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

20/03/20 : Heartbreak Weather - Niall Horan



Niall's initial solo stuff was imho perfectly dreadful, playing to the post-Westlife Irish granny market.  However, recently there have been some signs he fancies himself more in the Harry Styles vein, so I'm intrigued to see where this fits in.  Obviously not intrigued enough to check it out under any other circumstances, but them's the breaks my friends.

And well, it's tolerable I guess, even if it's not exactly something I need in my life.  It's more ballad-y than I was expecting, but some of them are pretty good examples of that sort of thing.  I guess, but I'm probably not the best person to comment.  It feels like he's going for the post-Westlife Irish mum market now, which I guess is an improvement, right?  But what exactly is he doing on the album cover though?

We're at #1 with a new entry this week - he managed a run of 13 weeks before disappearing, which is considerably more than I was expecting.  Other new entries in the top ten are The Shires (#3 - and yes, I always type The Shites first), Circa Waves (#4 - interesting album cover) and Matt Monro (#8 - which is an intriguing one given that the man died in 1985).

Wikipedia had more on the album than I was expecting (168 milliPeppers) but it's has surprisingly little content - the critics liked it way more than I expected and it did incredibly well globally, getting to #4 in the US and (bizarrely) #1 in Mexico.

"Customers also listened to" solo albums by some guys called Liam, Zayn, Louis and Harry - no idea what that's all about.  And, to be fair to the lads, they've all been a lot more interesting in their solo careers than I was expecting - I wouldn't say I'm ever going to be the greatest fan of this album, but I didn't mind listening to it.  And what greater praise is there than that?

13/03/20 - Perfectly fine
27/03/20 - No, I can't

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves