Alone, we're only just as good as the rest

Continuing my trip forward in time through the album charts

18/11/22 : Faith In The Future - Louis Tomlinson

The Reed household were always Team Louis (and definitely not Team Harry, the Robbie Williams of One Direction) - it's always possible that the grown ups didn't have too much input into this decision, but he seemed like a nice enough lad.  But, like Liam, I've no idea what musical direction he's chosen post-1D - as long as he's avoided Niall's songs for Irish grannies, then I suspect I'll find it tolerable.

And yes, tolerable is very much what it is.  It's kinda Harry-lite with a Northern accent (all credit to him for that) with the major surprise for me being the lack of ballads - there is one slower song but it's kinda downbeat.  I don't think I have a lot more to say on this - if you're a fan then you're a fan, if you don't mind this sort of thing then you won't mind it and if you're not going to listen to it, then there's nothing here to change your mind.  I quite like the album cover though.

Surprisingly, we're at #1 in the charts this week with a new entry - I wasn't expecting that many people to still care enough for that to happen.  I don't expect him to hang around for quite as long as Harry has though.  The rest of the top five are Bruce Springsteen (another new entry), Taylor, Drake & 21 Savage (seriously?  people are listening to this more than once?!?) and the Bocelli family with their Xmas album (up from #47 last week - I wonder why?).  There are no more new entries in the top ten - the next one is Aled Jones & Russell Watson with their Xmas monstrosity (#14) which hopefully means I'll avoid having to experience that.

Wikipedia doesn't have a lot to say on the matter - Louis announced he was going to work on an album, Louis worked on an album, Louis released an album.  And here we are.  Critical review was mixed - "meh, fine" seems to mostly cover it, but the commercial reception has been surprisingly positive with it getting to the top five in a good number of countries and #1 in Belgium.  The lad must be made up!  #5 in the US as well - which I certainly wasn't expecting.

"Customers also listened to" 5SOS, DYLAN, Pale Blue Dot and Dean Lewis - which seems like a somewhat strange combination.  Good luck to Louis and all that but I can't say I'll be back here any time soon (ie ever).

11/11/22 - sigh
25/11/22 - I just don't see the point

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves