Nobody came - what a shame, shame, shame

Continuing my trip forward in time through the album charts

09/09/22 : Yungblud - Yungblud


Our second visit with Mr Blud - last time I found him to be more interesting and enjoyable than I was expecting, so here's hoping that continues.

And yeah, it does - I liked this.  I'd say he's also poppier here than I was expecting - I'd heard "The Funeral" but wasn't aware it was by him (it sounds very Wombatsesque).  He has a good line in teenage/sexuality trauma as well - I can't say it's a place I've been but it sounds pretty relatable to me, and seems to hit the spot with his fans.  And the album barrels along and is over in 33 minutes - you don't need these things to hang around, so he gets praise for that as well.  

We're at #1 with a new entry this week - it'll be interesting to see how long it hangs around.  The rest of the top five is made up by Harry, (talking about hanging around - this is his ninth week at the #2 spot), Megadeth (a new entry), Ed (his 45th week straight in the top ten) and The Weeknd (on his 83rd week in the charts).  There are no other new entries in the top ten - Tom Jones is a re-entry at #13 after his performance on The Voice (and it's well worth checking the album out).  The next highest new entry is Tom Chapin (ex-Keane) at #19 - I suspect I'd like that and might well check that out (although it could be a bit too Radio 2 for me).

Back to Yungblud, Wikipedia has very little on the album except for this gem - "Yungblud (the album) was announced on 17 May 2022, via an online livestream in which Yungblud received a ribcage tattoo".  I might just take that approach up for work status meetings in future.

"Customers also listened to"  Willow, Weezer, Bastille and beabadoobee - which is quite the mix and no mistake.  I liked this though - particularly "The Funeral" but the rest of it was all very listenable and "The Boy In The Black Dress" was a powerful album closer.  It's well worth a listen, even it if just takes you back to your teenage eye-liner days (we all had them, right?)

02/09/22 - Good in places, odd in others
16/09/22 - Another surprisingly enjoyable album from the lad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves