You made us feel like we could fly

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

09/10/20 : Live Around The World - Queen With Adam Lambert




What I like about Adam with Queen is that he doesn't try to be Freddie, but his vibe fits in well with the songs and the rest of them all seem to enjoy joining in with him doing his thing (which wasn't the case for me when Paul Rodgers gave it a go).  Does this mean that I need to listen to 80 minutes of them doing it live?  No, it does not...

And yeah, it was all done well enough and I imagine that it's impressive and a fun time live, but personally I don't feel the need to listen to someone singing Queen songs well when I can just listen to the originals.  Each to their own though, I guess.  I do have to say he does a far better job with "Bohemian Rhapsody" than I imagined he would though...

We're at #1 with a new entry this week (we've got through the anomaly of January and are back to normal behaviour) - I was surprised to see they managed to hang around for 12 weeks before disappearing.  Other new entries in the top 10 are Blackpink (#2 - and I can't help but hope Blackpink are some kind of goth version of Pink), Amanda Holden (#4 - the mind boggles), Bon Jovi (#5), Melanie C (#8 - this isn't a bad album at all), Roger Waters (#9) and 21 Savage & Metro Boomin (#10).  Bizarrely, Oasis are at #3 with What's The Story - I guess the Gallaghers had another argument or something (it's currently on a 273 week run in the charts).

Wikipedia has an entry for the album which basically says it exists - it's hard to know what more they could say about it.  It did well commercially though - top 20 in a lot of countries around the world.

"Customers also listened to" a load of people associated with Queen - who woulda guessed that, eh?  This is perfectly fine, possibly even better than it has any right to be, but I just don't see who would bother to listen to it.  But plenty of people did!

02/10/20 - Something in the style of Caravaggio
16/10/20 - No, not for me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves