Is you from the Philippines or Vietnamese?

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

16/10/20 : Edna - Headie One



I think I'm aware of Headie One and I think I don't like his stuff...

...and yeah, this is the kind of fast shouty rapping I'm very much not into - there are some interesting enough sounds in the background at times, but that's not what you're listening to something like this for.  I'm sure it's fine if you like this sort of thing, but I don't.  I was intrigued as why he called the album Edna though - it was after his mum.  Awwww - what a nice young man.

We're at #1 in the charts with a new entry (of course) - it's managed two chart runs totalling 14 weeks since.  Other new entries in the top ten are D-Block Europe (#2 - and they've managed an impressive 67 weeks in the charts since, but a lot of time in the very lowest reaches), John Lennon (#3), Travis (#5) and Dire Straits (#9 - with a boxset of their eight studio albums, which seems an impressive feat, especially given the price for the vinyl edition - £110).

Wikipedia has very little on the album - apparently the critics liked it and it did well here and in Ireland, but that was pretty much it.  His entry is more interesting - apparently he's been singled out by the police as representing drill music which, as we all know, is single handedly responsible for all knife crime and they even shut down one of his concerts in order to help save the nation's youth.  It's a good job the police are working hard on the right things, eh?  On a slightly lighter note, Wikipedia notes that "his moniker derives from a childhood nickname due to his head's resemblance to a 50p coin" (which sounds a bit ridiculous until you look at his picture).

"Customers also listened to", unsurprisingly, a load of people I've never heard of - and AJ Tracey (live and direct!).  Like the last album, this just isn't my thang - if you like it, you're welcome to it but I'll be venturing elsewhere.

09/10/20 - Not sure I see the point to this
23/10/20 - Something not aimed at me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves