I rise from the wreckage that you left behind

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

22/01/21 : SUCKAPUNCH - You Me At Six




I seem to recall You Me At Six are a bit like Bring Me The Horizon, but either a bit more or a bit less rocky.   But I couldn't be sure enough to tell you which...

...ah, yes - less rocky, but still pretty rocky.  In theory, this is more the sort of thing I like and I did find myself toe-tapping along at times.  But after a few songs, I did find it all blending together and, whilst I still liked it, I couldn't say I'd recognise any of it ever again.  Except for "Beautiful Way" with its amusingly child-unfriendly singalong chorus, which I liked a lot.

We're at #1 in the chart this week with one of those amusing albums that spends one week at the top and then completely disappears from view.  Other new entries in the top ten are Sleaford Mods (#4 - glad I didn't have to suffer that one), Why Don't We (#5 - never heard of them) and Shame (#8 - I think I've heard of them, but that's all I can tell you about them!).  I'm not a great deal of use some weeks, am I?  ("some weeks", he says?!?)

Wikipedia tells us the album was recorded in Thailand, but that's about it.  The critics liked it apparently and obvious enough people liked it over here for its one week of success - it also got to #54 in Germany (and it sounds like the sort of thing that would go down well over there).

"Customers also listened to" Bring Me The Horizon, Asking Alexandria and Dinosaur Pile-up - I can tell you something about one of them and that's it.  I thought I'd like this more than I did - and I'm not entirely sure why it didn't click.  I might relisten to it some time (he says, knowing perfectly well he'll never get round to it)

15/01/21 - This works much better than I expected
29/01/21 - Someone else's cup of tea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves