Obey - we hope you have a lovely day.

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

29/01/21 : POST HUMAN: SURVIVAL HORROR - Bring Me The Horizon




I'm aware of BMTH and somewhat surprised they never popped up on my run through #AOTD.  They're not really my cup of tea - I don't mind the music but the "singing" tend to annoy me (yeah, yeah - OK grandad.  Go back to your gramophone).

Either way, there's not really anything on here to convince me otherwise - although I did enjoy spotting the sample from Le Mystere Des Voix Bulgares (which is an album I'll write up about some day, because it really was most peculiar purchase by a teenage me - but one I still love).  The BMTH album is fine when he's not shouty-growling at me (and I'd go as far as saying I liked "Obey"), but there's little danger of me revisiting it, I'm afraid.  I appreciated the tight 32 minute runtime though and "One Day The Only Butterflies Left Will Be In Your Chest As You March Towards Your Death" definitely gets the award for track title of the month.  I would say it's a pretty odd album cover though - not entirely sure what's going on there.

We're at #1 in the chart this week with a very unusual re-entry - the album first charted in November 2020 with a five week run and then re-appeared this week, straight in at the top.  Which until recently would have massively confused me, but now I know it's all to do with delayed physical releases due to vinyl shortages.  The only "proper" new entry in the top ten is Bicep at #2 - bizarrely the next new entry was Warduna at #50 so it's a very different situation from the following week where the top four were all new entries.

Wikipedia gets very confused about the whole thing by telling me it's an EP - I think it's got to be an EEP at the very least.  The critics liked it and said they were back to the heavier best - I'll take their word for it.  The album did pretty well across most of Europe and even got to #46 in the US - they're a bigger deal than I knew, obviously.  But since I knew pretty much nothing about them (and I can't really claim to be an expert now), that's not such a surprise.

"Customers also listened to" Asking Alexandria, Of Mice And Men and Fever 333 - all fine names for bands, but that's all I can tell you.  Overall, in case you hadn't guessed, this ain't my kinda thang - but I'll probably go and see them at Reading later this year, so maybe I'll be a fan before the year is out.

22/01/21 - One I feel I should have liked more than I did
05/02/21 - One you'll like if you like this sort of thing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves