Guess I'm feeling unmoored

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

08/01/21 : Evermore - Taylor Swift



Taylor who?  Never heard of her.  Oh - that Taylor!  This is the fifth of her albums I've had the pleasure of listening to and was one of two that she unexpectedly dropped in 2020 and I quite liked Folklore when I met it, so I have reasonable hopes for this one.

And well, it's perfectly fine but nothing more than that on first listen.  It's a collection of "nice" songs that I have no objection to, but can't really remember a thing about them - I think I liked one of them more than the others, but I couldn't tell you which one it was.  Which ain't all that useful now, is it?

For a change, we're not at #1 with a new entry - we're still at #1 though!  This is her second time at the top - she dipped down to #2 over Xmas and the New Year and has managed 66 weeks on the charts in total so far.  There were no new entries in the top ten this week - amazingly, there was only one new entry in the top 100, at #58.  And even more surprisingly, it was an album released in 2004 - and we've met it before.  Admit it, you've never have guessed it was that, would you?  (the news of his untimely death had just been announced)

Wikipedia has the expected huge amount (589 milliPeppers) on the album - did I read any of it?  No, I did not.  I think you can probably work out that it did OK though...

"Customers also listened to" - other Taylor Swift albums I suspect.  Yup - and Selena Gomez, Harry Styles and Conan Gray (never heard of him!).  After the comparatively enjoyable nature of Folklore, I'm afraid this one gets filed under "perfectly fine, but mystifyingly popular" (like most of her stuff for me).

01/01/21 - I won't hear a word against this
15/01/21 - This works much better than I expected

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves