It's beginning to look a lot like...

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

01/01/21 : Christmas - Michael Bublé




Ah - a bit of Bublé!  I won't hear a word against the man or the album - yes, it's cheese but it's cheese of the highest quality.  If you don't know the album, then you ruddy well should (do people still say ruddy?) - but it's not one to play in March, I'd suggest.

We're at #1 this week - the fourth week it's spent there, but the first since almost exactly nine years ago (when it was first released).  It generally gets a run of 8-10 weeks in the chart every year - you can probably guess which months this happens in.  I'm guessing Xmas week isn't the most popular time to release an album with no new entries in the top ten and only two in the top 100 with Playboi Carti at #17 and Lil Durk at #26 (and I don't feel the need to listen to either of them).  17 re-entries in the top 100 though as everyone takes the opportunity to listen to greatest hits albums with the relatives.

Unsurprisingly, Wikipedia has quite a lot on the album (271 milliPeppers) but a lot of it talks about his TV Christmas specials (Mariah Carey and Cookie Monster appear on the third one - what's not to love about that?).  The album's done pretty well for itself - the ninth best selling album of the 21st century apparently (just behind Linkin Park's Meteora and Avril Lavigne's Let Go, so I think we can expect it to move up a few places over the next couple of years).  Wikipedia also tells me he has dual citizenship (Canadian and Italian) - I never knew that!

"Customers also listened to" a particularly bizarre selection of albums but I guess that's because this album pretty much transcends any genre - you just put it on to keep your mum happy whilst you're preparing the sprouts, don't you?  And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that!

2021 - over and out!
08/01/21 - Perfectly fine but mystifyingly popular

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves