They're monsters, I tell you!

  

We're running out of time to improve my life without really trying - unfortunately, I can't say I've noticed a breakthrough yet..

81 Learn a TikTok dance (but don’t post it on TikTok).
Back in the early days of the pandemic, my daughters encouraged me to do this - but unfortunately they then posted it to TikTok.  For some reason, it didn't go viral...

82 Cook something you’ve never attempted before.
We had this on a previous list somewhere and I fully endorse it, whilst still noting that what I do is merely keep recipes for something I've never attempted before, without actually cooking it.

83 Join a local litter-picking group.
I can go with the general idea here, although I've absolutely no idea how you find your local litter-picking group.  Maybe set one up if you can't find one?

84 Handwash that thing you’ve never cleaned.
If I had a thing I'd never cleaned (and I'm sure I've got plenty) AND it was making my life bad in some way, then I'm hoping I'd clean it in an appropriate manner to improve my life.  But all this suggestion has done is make me wonder what kind of things they're talking about.  The mind boggles.

85 Don’t get a pet/do get a pet.
I can see that some people's lives would be improved by the addition of a pet.  However, that's not what we're here to discuss - I'm intrigued by the thought processes behind the first suggestion.  We don't have a pet and that suits us best, but our lives would not be improved by not getting a pet - as I see it, the only people whose lives could be improved by not getting a pet are those people who have a pet they either don't like or are too much work.  So The Guardian appears to be suggesting euthanising a pet just to make your life better - what kind of monsters work there?!?


86 Nap.
Nope.

87 Learn how to breathe deeply: in through the nose, out through the mouth, making the exhale longer than the inhale.
Deep breathing is supposed to be good for anxiety, so I guess if you think it will help you then go for it.  I'm not sure it would do anything for me though.

88 Buy a bike and use it. Learn how to fix it, too.
I did this and it did improve my life.  And then I stopped and that didn't improve my life.  So I guess I should start again.  I can see that fixing it could be rewarding too, but I have to put it out there that I HATE flat tyres.


89 Politely decline invitations if you don’t want to go.
I have no problems with doing this - although the process here is more accurately described as my wife telling me about something we've been invited to (rarer these days, obviously), me replying "why would I want to go to that?" and then me either being told I'm going anyway or when she needs me to give her a lift.

90 If you do go, have an exit strategy (can we recommend a French exit, where you slip out unseen).
This is my general exit strategy, but I must admit that things do vary depending upon the amount of alcohol involved.  I'd not heard the term "French exit" before and was intrigued where it came from - Wikipedia was of minimal use, but did comment that the equivalent in French is "filer à l'anglaise", which somewhat amused me.

Not a great deal to inspire me here, other than telling me I really need to get back out on the bike.  And I should cook more new stuff as well (but only on days when our youngest has already eaten, otherwise things don't end well!)

71-80 : Hmmm...
91-100 : What?!?  You're ending on that?

Comments

  1. I feel sad that you no longer ride your bike - it was good for you in many ways, in spite of flat tyres!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves