When your life is just alibis and no crimes

Continuing my trip up #album-of-the-day...

21.07.21 : A Different Arrangement : Black Marble (2012)

I don't remember this one at all, but my channel comment suggests I should...

It's a 00s-retro-80s vibe for me - very Hurts.

and having a quick re-listen confirms it's pretty much my sort of thing.  It's weird how some stuff that should stick just doesn't.  I don't like the album cover though - I'm assuming it's black marble, but someone really should have talked them out of it.

The channel gave this five thumbs up and a couple of comments that it sounds like The Cure and Этажи - I don't get to use the Cyrillic alphabet enough in my day-to-day life!  Wikipedia has nothing on the album, but tells me the band are "an American music project" - why can't they be happy just being a band?  At the time of this album, there were two of them, but now it appears they're just one Chris Stewart (that well-known "American music project")

"Customers also listened to" Choir Boy, Moaning and Soft Kill - all featuring mildly threatening album covers.  So I shall try to remember that I liked this, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope for it.

21.07.22 : The Battle Of Los Angeles : Rage Against The Machine (1998)


I seem to recall that I went into this with a false sense of security having expected to hate their eponymous effort when I was made to listen to it, but I actually didn't mind it.  But then I think it turned out that I didn't like this one nearly so much - let's see what I said in the channel at the time...

Saw this and thought "I'm not going to like this".  And I didn't.  I appreciate they do what they do well though, it's just not my thang.

Seems like I was less enthusiastic about listening to it than I remembered, but the results were the same.  The channel was much keener though - six nices, one yes, a lot of positive comments and a new joiner.   Wikipedia has less on the album than I was expecting - but most of it is telling me how much people liked it.  It got to #1 in the US, but only #23 in the UK which somewhat surprised me because I know quite a few people who love this album.

"Customers also listened to" Limp Biskit, Korn, Marilyn Manson and Faith No More - all of whom are, as you can probably imagine, not really my cup of tea.  I'm happy to admit that RATM do it better than most, but that doesn't mean I will be revisiting it.

21.07.23 : Human : Three Days Grace (2015)


And this is the first album on the list that I've actually not listened to at all - for some reason my family considered my holiday to be more important than AOTD.  How rude of them!  So, I've got to take a quick listen and see whether this wins the round or the album that I barely remember.  The album cover suggests to me it might be a bit heavier than my usual thing - and yeah, I think that's probably where we are with that.  Ah, hang on - I actually have listened to it because I caught up with it after my holiday and have just found my comment 

Three Days Grace wasn't really my thing, but a 30-year-ago version of me would have liked it.

The channel gave it five thumbs up, one fire, a couple of comments about how angry they were and a couple of new joiners.  Wikipedia doesn't have an awful lot on the album other than it was their first album with a new singer and the critics weren't sure what they thought about that kind fo thing, but it did OK enough commercially - #16 in the US.

"Customers also listened to" Theory Of A Deadman, Seether and Breaking Benjamin - again not exactly my sort of thing, I'd suspect.  Hmmm - the angry men are out in force at the minute (and just wait until you see what comes next!)

An easy win for Black Marble for me - although I'm happy to admit that RATM probably had the "better" album (whatever that means!).

21.07.16 - And they've gone away again!
21.07.26 - Still men, but not all angry

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves