Breathing on the carnival parade

Continuing my trip back through the 2015 album charts.

14/06/15 : Alternative Light Source - Leftfield


Our second visit with Leftfield - I'm expecting this to be competent but not outstanding.

Well, it's not outstanding but I'd say it's better than competent - it's definitely a very bleepy album so you have to be in the mood for that sort of thing, but I thought this was a decent enough selection of bleeps. I was reminded of Underworld's Beaucoup Fish, so if you like that then maybe check this out - but if you don't like bleeps then you can quite safely ignore this completely. And that's all I've got to say about it really - except that I like the album cover.

We're at #6 with a new entry in the charts this week on the start of a four week run - with it never being seen again. The top five this week were Muse (a new entry), Florence, Collabro (X Factor winners), Ed and Sam Smith with the next highest new entry being Of Monsters And Men (#10) which is a very decent album indeed.

Wikipedia doesn't have a load on the album - it tells us this is their third album and their first since Rhythm And Stealth in '99 and that's about it. The critics were nice enough about it but #31 in Belgium and The Netherlands was as much as did anywhere else.

"Customers also listened to" Underworld, Orbital, The Chemical Brothers and The Prodigy - no major surprises there. With the exception of Leftism (that we have yet to meet) I had Leftfield at a level below those other artists, but this easily exceeds some other lesser efforts - I enjoyed it.

07/06/15 - Very, very not good
21/06/15 - Fine, but I expected more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves