Why can't it be like that?

Continuing my trip back through the 2015 album charts.

04/12/15 : Get Weird - Little Mix

Little Mix definitely aren't aimed at me but they put some top tracks out there in their time - and now they're gone, I can't help but feel that possibly people didn't totally appreciate what they brought to the party at the time. So I'm interested to see what I think of this.

It starts with "Black Magic" which you can't really fault for what it is and the same can be said for the following track "Love Me Like You Do". And I actually really like "Secret Love Song" - it's gloriously overwrought and so went on my general playlist. All in all, there's more variety here than I was expecting and they've got some great voices which work well together - yes, there are some somewhat dubious rappy moments, but they pass by quickly enough and we're back to the singing. It won't be for everyone, but I really didn't mind this at all.

We're at #4 in the charts this week on their fourth week of an impressive 78 week run, with it peaking at #2 in their debut week. The rest of the top five were Adele, Elvis, Justin Bieber and Jess Glynne with the highest new entry being The Vamps (#10 - my youngest is a big fan!).

Wikipedia has a mere 176 milliPeppers on the album - it's their third album but apart from that there's not a lot of interest on there. The critics were generally nice enough about it, but some still found them quite annoying. It did surprisingly well globally on the commercial front, getting to #1 in Ireland, #2 in Australia, generally top twenty across Europe and #13 in the US. One final amusing fact is that apparently they were made to change the lyrics for ADIDAS (which EVERYONE who ever went to school knows actually stands for "all day I dream about sex") to "all day I dream about shh" to maintain their nice clean image.

"Customers also listened to" Fifth Harmony, Jessie J, Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus - I'm not aware of FH, but the rest of them can sing a bit I guess. As can Little Mix and, whilst I can't say I'll be rushing back to this, I really quite enjoyed it and it had a lot more variety than I was expecting.

27/11/15 - Surprisingly substantial
11/12/15 - Surprisingly enjoyable

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves