What if we discover one day that we were always the ones in charge? Just… no one told us

Continuing my trip down The Guardian's Top 50 TV Shows of 2023 

#19 : The Marvelous Mrs Maisel 

“I want a big life,” said Midge (Rachel Brosnahan) in her career-breaking standup routine on The Gordon Ford Show. And finally – after five hilarious seasons – that big life was about to start for our favourite 50s housewife turned comic. There wasn’t a dry eye in the house when she shared a look of pride with her long-suffering agent, Susie (Alex Borstein). And the flash-forward scenes showing just how marvellous Midge’s world became were the cherry on the cake.

I've heard this is good, but I've yet to hear of anyone who's watched even one episode - and I've certainly never felt the slightest inclination to check it out.  And given this is the fifth and last season, I'm really not going to start here.

Interestingly, Wikipedia tells us it started life as a pilot which was shown six months before the rest of the first season - that doesn't happen so much these days.  It also backs up The Guardian that it's good - there have been a lot of nice words written about this.  But I'm still not going to watch it - sorry (not sorry)!  It's on Amazon Prime if you want to - feel free to let me know if you think I'd like it (but I still won't watch it!).

#18 - Well done, but not aimed at me
#21 - Exactly as expected

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves