We tumble and fall, together we crawl

Continuing my trip back through the 2005 album charts.

06/02/05 : Pushing The Senses - Feeder

Feeder are one of those bands that have somewhat passed me by across the years but I think they're quite like Athlete, aren't they?  Well, let's find out...

Yeah, not a million miles away - a bit rockier, but not exactly rock and roll.  It was all perfectly fine but there wasn't an awful lot of variety across the album and it all went in one ear and out the other, I'm afraid - and I don't have a lot more to say about it than that!  I'm intrigued as to what's happening on the album cover though.

We're at a surprisingly high #2 in the charts this week with a new entry at the start of a sixteen week run - one of ELEVEN top ten albums they've had, but they've never made it to #1 (one other one also made it to #2).  The rest of the top five were Athlete (another new entry), The Killers, Michael Bublé (another new entry) and Scissor Sisters and the next highest new entry was obviously Elvis Presley (#9).

Wikipedia has a surprising amount on the album (132 milliPeppers) which tells me this is their fifth album and similar but different to its predecessor - and that's about it!  Some critics considered their shift in style to be in the right direction and some didn't - isn't that always the case?  But once again, Coldplay were mentioned (along with Keane) although I'd have to say the comparisons weren't as obvious for me as they were with Athlete.  Commercially, it did better than I expected away from these shores without exactly setting the world alight - #16 in Ireland, #59 in Japan and slightly lower in a few other countries.

"Customers also listened to" Embrace, Idlewild (from my limited knowledge, I can see this), Ash and Biffy Clyro (I believe their earlier stuff is more in a Biffy vein).  I didn't mind this, but there's really not a lot there to mind, so I'm not sure quite how it was as popular as it was.

30/01/05 - A very decent album
13/02/05 - Mostly harmless

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves