Watch this space!

Continuing my trip down The Guardian's Top 50 TV Shows of 2022.  

#49 : Freddie Flintoff's Field Of Dreams

Cricket is still so dominated by the wealthy and privately educated. In this affecting three-parter, the famed cricket player wanted to lift the lid on classism in the game – so he went back to his hometown of Preston to introduce a group of initially suspicious local teens to the closed-off sport. By the end, it was perhaps the most life-affirming documentary of the year.


I was looking forward to this, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to be available anywhere.  I suspect that might be related to his "troubles" relating to Top Gear because there was supposed to be a second series of this, but shit happened and we are where we are.

If it pops back up, I'll make an effort to check it out because he's a very personable fellow - not without his demons, but honest enough to admit they exist.

#48 - Not for me
#50 - Surprisingly enjoyable

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves