Froth. Loads of froth. Some froth.

Continuing my trip down The Guardian's Top 50 TV Shows of 2022.  

#48 : Ellie And Natasia

Just when the sketch show seemed to be on its way out, Natasia Demetriou and Ellie White delivered a tremendous comedy treat. Despite some sketches being unwaveringly niche, the duo’s writing and committed performances kept us hooked – and the neverending Saturday Kitchen applause skit had us on the floor.


This is another one I actually watched - I love Natasia on What We Do In The Shadows, which we'll catch up with if I ever make it back to The Guardian best of 2019 list (spoiler alert - I won't!).  She is also excellent value when she appears on the Adam Buxton podcast, but it was when he was chatting with Ellie White (who was also most amusing) that I learned of the existence of this, so thought I'd check it out.

Well, one episode anyway - let's just say that for me The Guardian was much closer with "unwaveringly niche" than they were "tremendous comedy treat".  Comedy is obviously very subjective but I found some of this to be quite unsettling and odd.  However, they've obviously put a lot of work into it both in terms of writing and acting, so I'll settle with a "not for me" and just move on.

They're only 15 minute episodes though, so if you think some weird sketches might be up your street, it's all on iPlayer.

#47 - Not enough to draw me in
#49 - Sadly unavailable

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves