Should I tell you how bad I need you now, yeah?

Continuing my trip back through the 2010 album charts.

05/12/10 : Olly Murs - Olly Murs

We follow up nice guy Buble with our second visit with nice guy Murs - although Olly definitely has a tendency towards dodgier haircuts.  We don't mind a bit of Murs in the Reed household, although I have yet to experience this album - I'm expecting it to be perfectly acceptable, but maybe not quite as polished as his later stuff.

Yeah, it's all perfectly acceptable - I can't say too much of it stuck, but I suspect if you were forced to listen to it multiple times on long car journeys by unreasonable children, then you'd find yourself singing along in no time.  And there are plenty of worse albums they could make you listen to (which I know from experience - the Moshi Monsters album really was a hatecrime).

We're at #2 in the charts this week with a new entry, about to start a 30 week run.  He then took two weeks off and came back for another 46 week run - but he never made it any higher than this week.  The rest of the top five were Take That, JLS, Rihanna  and Susan Boyle (am I going to be able to think of a reason to avoid that when the time inevitably comes?) and we have two more new entries in the top ten - N-Dubz (#7 - they had a surprisingly successful reunion tour last year) and Duffy (#9 - she didn't).

Wikipedia doesn't have a lot on the album - he came second in the sixth season of The X Factor, so an album was inevitable.  But the critics didn't mind it at all and the public here went reasonably mad for it, but it's one of only two of his albums not to make it to the top (but he was unlucky to come up against Take That).  His entry reminds me that he sang a duet with Robbie Williams in the final and Robbie made a right pig's ear of the whole thing, coming onto the stage at the wrong time and singing the wrong line - but Olly kept the show on the road, which I imagine was the last thing he was expecting to have to do.

"Customers also listened to" JLS, Ben Haenow, McFly and Union J - talent show graduates or boy bands is your choice.  But Olly is up there with the best of the talent show escapees - this isn't quite up there with his best work for me, but I think I will graciously let him off as it's his debut.  And I'm sure my wife and daughters will let me know how he's doing now when they go and see him live next month!

28/11/10 - A surprisingly bland offering
12/12/10 - Too much cheese!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves