Just say you're wrong sometimes

Continuing my trip forward in time through the album charts

24/02/23 : Trustfall - P!nk

I'd never listened to a P!nk album before until I came across her 2006 album earlier this year - it was OK, but not exactly a must-listen for me.  And I'm pretty much expecting the same from this, although I don't mind the title track.

Actually, I didn't mind it at all.  She's got a lovely voice and there's more variety there than I was expecting - yes, most of it is what you'd consider as classic P!nk shouty-pop (that's an official genre, right?), but there's elements of dance, country and even disco on various tracks.  It all gives the impression of a life well lived, but not without its regrets - it did all make me wonder how many times she's been married (Wikipedia tells me it's just the once, since 2006 but it's not been without its dramas).  Two tracks did stand out for me, bookending the album - "When I Get There" is a lovely track about loving someone, losing them early, missing them and looking forward to being reunited (wherever that might be) and "Just Say I'm Sorry" has some very wise advice duetted with Chris Stapleton who has the most amazing voice (good for testing out your subwoofer).

We're at #1 with a new entry this week - her fourth album to make it to the top.  The rest of the top five are Inhaler, Those Damn Crows (both new entries), The Weeknd and Harry Styles.  And there's another new entry in the top ten - Orbital (#6) which I might well check out of my own free will (is that even allowed?).

Wikipedia has a lot for a new album but very little of actual interest although it also notes the variety across the album.  The critics generally liked it and it's done well globally getting to #1 in quite a few countries, but it's been kept off the #1 spot by SZA who celebrated 10 weeks at the top - I said I thought that album was good, but I wasn't imagining it would go down THAT well!

"Customers also listened to" Mimi Webb, Rag'n'Bone Man, Sam Smith and Lewis Capaldi - and it's Lewis that actually strikes me as closest to this here.  And can you even begin to imagine how much fun a night out with P!nk and Lewis would be?!?  I won't be rushing back to this, but it feels like it'll chime with life's survivors - I suspect we'll be seeing it around for a few weeks yet.

17/02/23 - Yeah, I liked this
03/03/23 - Why?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves