It's true - we're all a little insane

Continuing my trip back through the 2006 album charts.

15/10/06 : The Open Door - Evanescence

I don't mind that Evanescence track that everyone knows - without being able to remember exactly what it's called.  "Back To Life"?  Something like that.  I'm expecting this (their second album) to either be exactly the same or to be purposefully different to make a point (and hence considerably worse).

And fortunately it's exactly the same - I'm sure Wikipedia will tell me how they've been on a massive creative journey for their difficult second album but if that's the case then Wikipedia is, in fact, just talking bollocks.  It's perfectly fine, but there's no reason you wouldn't just listen to "Bring Me To Life" (yes, I looked it up this time) on repeat.  And that's all I have to say on the matter really. 

We're at #4 in the charts this week on their second week of a 20 week run (which feels generous), having debuted at #2 last week.  The rest of the top five are The Killers, Scissor Sisters, Razorlight and Snow Patrol - a full house of "proper" albums that we've previously met.  We have just the one new entry in the top ten which comes from Trivium (#7) who I can tell you nothing about - they sound heavy metal-ish and Wikipedia confirms they are and they're still going.

On Evanescence, Wikipedia has a massive amount (408 milliPeppers) but actually doesn't spend to much time telling me how the album is vastly different from their previous one, although it does tell me that it took a long time to put together partly because they wanted to get it right and partly because the guitarist had a stroke and was paralysed - the doctors thought he'd never play again which turned out to be just the motivation he needed to prove them wrong.  The critics liked it well enough (Wikipedia really goes to town in quoting them all) and the public loved it, with it getting to #1 in a load of countries, including the US.

"Customers also listened to" We Are The Fallen, Thirty Seconds To Mars, Disturbed and Stand - all of whom I can tell you absolutely nothing about.  I quite like Evanescence's sound, but there's not enough variety to it to keep me engaged for a whole album - sorry.

08/10/06 - One I know and like
22/10/06 - Much better than I was expecting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves