Sell by dates in 90s cars

Continuing my trip forward in time through the album charts

29/07/22 : The Theory Of Whatever - Jamie T


I"m not entirely sure, but I think I've heard some Jamie T stuff before and just thought "what was the point to that then?".  So I'm not rushing towards this with a great deal of enthusiasm, I'm afraid.

And yeah, that's very much where we are.  He sounds like he's trying to be the slightly tuneful voice of disaffected youth, but he's relatively ancient now, isn't he?  Yeah - 36.  ANCIENT!  I didn't hate it and I quite like some of the musical content, but I don't think his voice really adds anything to it and I can't really understand who's supposed to love it.  If you do, then I'm happy for you - and you can keep it, I'll be sticking with Sam Fender (who is far more youthful, being only 28).  I'm also intrigued as to why he's playing golf on the album cover - it doesn't feel a very golf-y kind of album.

We're at #1 with a new entry this week (and yes, Harry's at #2) - the only other new entry in the top ten is Jack White at #4 (and I'm quite happy without that in my life).  It's interesting to see Abba Gold back in the top ten on the back of their "live" shows - they're currently on a 266 week run in the charts and there's no sign of it ending any time soon.  There's also an interesting set of new entries from survivors from different eras - Bananarama (#22), Gilbert O'Sullivan (#26) and The Kooks (#32).

Wikipedia doesn't have an awful lot on the album - it's his first #1 and the critics generally liked it.  "Customers also listened to" Sports Team, The Snuts and Get Cape, Wear Cape, Fly (who I used to like, but it's a silly name).  I didn't hate this, but I didn't really see the point to it - but I guess a load of people do, so I'm happy for the lad.

22/07/22 - Her mum must be so proud
05/08/22 - Impressive rather than enjoyable

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves