Don't forget I know secrets about you

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

03/07/83 : Body Wishes - Rod Stewart


Well, if I'm being honest, this wouldn't have been my first choice this week but I've double checked and it definitely isn't a greatest hits, so I'm stuck with it.  Ho hum.

Actually, the first track "Dancin' Alone" is actually pretty decent - it has a real 60s Stones feel to it.  And that's followed by "Baby Jane" which isn't dreadful, I guess.  After that though, I'm afraid it's all a bit dull and turgid.  OK - it's very dull and turgid.  I struggle to imagine anyone needs this in their lives and the album cover is perfectly horrible as well.  So I wouldn't own up to possessing this even if I did.  Which, of course, I don't - 9/26.

Amazingly, we're at #5 in the charts in its fourth week into a 20 week run (peaking at #5, but spending three weeks there).  It then spent another seven weeks in the charts across three runs, finally disappearing in February '84.  Which was not a moment too soon.  Above it in the charts this week were Wham! (straight in at #1), The PoliceMichael Jackson and David Bowie and we have another new entry in the top ten with Julio at #8 - the next one was I-Level all the way down at #50.

Wikipedia doesn't have a lot on the album other than saying that the critics hated it - it did OK commercially though, particularly in Germany where it sold half a million copies.  They're odd, them Germans.  It also tells me that I have to partially apologise to him about the album cover because it's a tribute to the cover of 50,000,000 Elvis Fans Can't Be Wrong.  But I'm only going to partially apologise to him, because no-one made him copy Elvis in such a horrible manner.

"Customers also listened to" "no similar recommendations" which is unusual and probably just shows that no-one considers this as worth listening to, which I'd struggle to argue with.

26/06/83 - 1973 or 1983?
10/07/83 - One I'd forgotten even existed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves