Regardless what you feel - this song isn't real

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

24/04/20 : Nothing Is True And Everything Is Possible - ENTER: Shikari


My home town boys - and sponsors of the mighty Saints!  I have a slightly odd musical relationship with them because I saw them live once at Glastonbury and absolutely hated the racket they were making.  However, whenever I've heard their albums I find them considerably less annoying - I've only reviewed them the once, but I have actually listened to this one before as well.

And I quite liked it - Muse are the closest musical touchpoint for me, but with slightly less bombast.  There were a surprising number of musical genres on display and I was actually quite surprised that a couple of the songs reminded me of The 1975 - and a couple of the others were more like The Streets.  The orchestral instrumental track in the middle of the album was a bit of a surprise as well!  All in all, it's an interesting mixed bag - it won't be for everyone, but I think it's worth at least the one listen.  I can't say I'm convinced by the album cover though.

We're at #2 with a new entry this week - they lasted just the one more week before disappearing entirely from view.  The other new entries in the top ten were Gerry Cinnamon at #1 (at the start of his long run of success) and DaBaby at #8 (which I can tell you nothing about, but I'm not going to like it, am I?).  

Wikipedia has more on the album than I was expecting and most of it consists of quotes which are considerably more pretentious than I was expecting.  The critics mostly liked the album though, but it didn't do as well in Europe as I was expecting - only #35 in Germany and it felt like it would go down well over there.

"Customers also listened to" We Are The Ocean, Don Broco and The Blackout - I've only heard of Don Broco and I can't say it seems all that close to that to me.  But, as I said earlier, this is an interesting mixed bag which I think is worth checking out.

17/04/20 - Oh no, not again.
01/05/20 - A terrible omission on my part - until now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves