A Kamado barbecue, you say?

 


What have The Guardian got for us today then? 

21. Head to the water
They mean in or on, but I might consider close.  But probably not.

22. Do something to celebrate the Queen’s platinum jubilee
I'll take some days off work and chill out with my family - does that count?  I'm not entirely sure what I think about the Queen - I mean, she has been Queen for a long time, but it's not exactly been the hardest of lives, I suspect.  Yes, it's a lot of "work", but it's not really work, is it?   Oooh - controversial.

23. Get a bath pillow
I discussed this with Mrs Reed - she last had a bath about 4 years ago and before that, it was 12 years ago.  And I have certainly not had a bath in all that time - so a bath pillow is not going to make us any happier.

24. Learn a new, achievable skill on YouTube
Now, I think this probably is a good idea.  What I'm not so convinced about is the skills under discussion - cleaning out the inside of a Kamado barbecue (no, me neither),  destalking thyme or learning how to draw Bluey (no, me neither).

25. Read a vibe-shifting new book
A what-what?.  As far as I can tell from the books listed, the only thing they have in common is that they are, in fact, all books.

26. Invent a new cocktail
The Guardian claims to have invented "lemon juice, vodka, ice, sugar and crushed verbena leaves" - which sounds remarkably similar to this.  So maybe just copy a cocktail off the internet and claim it as your own.  Hmmm - vodka and orange juice, anyone?

27. Draw something every day
This would either result in me getting steadily grumpier as I got no better at representing the something I was supposed to drawing or I would be amazed at my improvement.  And I'm pretty sure I know which way it would go.

28. Change your lighting
Finally - one I agree with it because what it's saying is "do you really need the big light on?".  And, unlike everyone in my house, the answer it's giving is "No!".

29. Grind your coffee beans
I agree with the theory, but unfortunately my Nespresso machine is just too convenient.  And yes, I know it's bad but we recycle the coffee and the capsules, OK?  And when I say "we", I mean "Mrs Reed" because I just can't be arsed.

30. Keep a commonplace book
Now that's a phrase I've never heard before!  Apparently it was a very Renaissance kinda thing to do - think Da Vinci and his notebooks.  Except The Guardian is saying you should jot down quotes, lines or jokes you like.  I kinda do that across here, Twitter and Facebook, so I guess I'm almost there.  Maybe?

Oh dear, that wasn't a great selection, was it?  At a push, I'll go for new skills, mood lighting and a commonplace book.

#11-20 : Bin shoes, bird feeders and Our Friends In The North
#31-40 : Fesshole, Bluetooth speakers and minibreaks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves