I don't wanna jinx this thing

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

23/10/20 : Cherry Blossom - The Vamps


I'm aware of The Vamps and I know they have a devoted fanbase, but I can very much assure you that I'm not one of them.  They do what they do well enough, but it's not aimed at me and we're all very happy with that - the chances of this album changing my views on the matter seem very slim.

But no - I LOVE this and I'm a total convert now.  Yes, I'm a Vampette (I made that up, but apparently that's what they're called - or Vampion or one of the Vamily).  Well, no, I'm not - this very much falls into the "totally fine" category and my toes would tap along if a track came on the radio but a whole album of it is not something I require.  But there are plenty worse things out there that them there Vampettes could get obsessed with, so I guess they serve a purpose.  I would say I'm intrigued by the album cover - I've no idea what's going on there...

We're at #1 with a new entry in the charts this week - they were #72 next week and then disappeared, so they're obviously not quite as popular as I thought they were.  Other new entries in the top ten were Daniel O'Donnell (#3 - the second time I've had a close shave with the lad), Katie Melua (#7 - she's still hanging in there) and Beabadoobee (#8 - I was fascinated as to what kind of noise a Beabadoobee would make so checked it out and quite liked it).

Wikipedia tells me this is their fifth album - which is about three more than I was expecting (yes, I'm old).  It did OK commercially but there's no word on critical reviews - I guess this sort of thing is pretty immune to the critics' opinions.  The band's entry tells me they've been going since 2013 (I feel really old now) and are the first band to play the O2 five years in a row.

"Customers also listened to" Union J, 5 Seconds Of Summer and a load of other groups that feature men of a certain (young) age.  It's totally not for me, but it's totally harmless - I will allow it to continue existing because that's the kind of gracious overlord I choose to be.

16/10/20 - No, not for me
30/10/20 - I liked this a lot more than I was expecting to

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves