I got what I need, so let it rain down like confetti

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

13/11/20 : Confetti - Little Mix



I don't mind a bit of Mix, although I can't claim to be massively familiar with this album.  I'll be amazed if it strays too far from their usual formula though.

And, having listened to it, I can report that I am not in the slightest bit amazed.  It's all perfectly listenable but not their finest hour for me.  I'm desperately struggling to think of anything more to say about it - but hey, them's the breaks.  If you like Little Mix, there's no danger of you not liking this but I can't help but feel you're better off sticking to the greatest hits album.

We're at #2 in the charts this week - Kylie snuck in at #1 to keep them Mixers off the top.  But,  amazingly, they managed a run of 44 weeks on the charts - I knew they were popular but I really didn't see that coming.  Other new entries in the top ten are Shirley Bassey (#5) and Dutchavelli (#8) - one of these people is slightly older than the other (by a mere 57 years).

Wikipedia has a lot on the album (289 milliPeppers) but I've read it and I've have to say I'm not entirely sure what useful content is included.  The critics generally liked it, although I'd have to say I agree with Alexis Petridis when he says it is a "box-ticking exercise in current pop trends".  The public globally generally liked it, but it only made it to #1 in Ireland - everywhere was either close or nowhere near to the top 20.

"Customers also listened to" Mabel, Anne-Marie and Rita Ora - not falling far from the tree there.  As I said, I don't mind a bit of Little Mix but this definitely feels like a band going through the motions and not at their happiest - which subsequent events somewhat confirmed.

06/11/20 - Less bland than I was expecting
20/11/20 - A surprisingly bland affair

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves