I said that I worked in a chemist

Continuing my trip forward in time through the album charts late, because I forgot last week!

04/03/22 : 23 - Central Cee


Having watched the Brits the other week, Central Cee has obviously worked his way into the mainstream without overly impinging on my consciousness.  From what I hear, I suspect I'm going to be impressed by one or two songs, but will find the whole album a bit of a chore.  But you never know, I might be pleasantly surprised!

Hmmm - I don't mind the overall sound with the backing tracks being well constructed and him providing some reasonably strong raps over them.  But he is a bit repetitive at times, which seems to be the way with a lot of the kids these days - I'm guessing it helps with getting people to engage on the old TikTok or the like (yeah, I obviously don't really know!).  So I'm going with a "it's a good example of that sort of thing (probably)" - but let's be honest, I've no real clue as to whether it is.  And a whole album of it is a bit too much for me - even if it's only 40 minutes long.

We're straight in at #1 in the charts this week - the first of a run of four new entries with Tears For Fears, Avril Lavigne and Johnny Marr making up the top 4 and we also have Gang Of Youths at #10.  My suspicion is that Central Cee will hang around for longer than all the rest of them put together, but we'll see.

Wikipedia doesn't have an awful lot of the album - the critics liked it and it's done better than I'd have expected globally, having made the top 10 in Australia, Belgium, The Netherlands, France and Ireland.  His entry tells me his real name is Oakley Neil H T Caesar-Su, which certainly suggests that Central Cee was a wise choice if wants people to remember him.

"Customers also listened to", to no-one's surprise, a load of people I've never heard of - and Dave.  I didn't mind Central Cee - I can't claim I was a massive fan or will ever revisit it but I suspect he won't be losing too much sleep over that.

25/02/22 - No thank you.
11/03/22 - One for the fans, methinks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves