It keeps it shiny?!?

 

The last selection really did help me to improve my life without really trying, so I'm back to not making an effort

61 Make something from scratch.
Apparently this works best if it’s something you’d normally buy, such as a dress or a bag.  However, I don't normally buy dresses or bags, so I'm let off.  Phew.

62 Go to bed earlier – but don’t take your phone with you.
My family will tell you it's not possible for me to go to bed earlier, unless I go to bed yesterday.  And I do take my phone with me, but just to charge it up overnight - I prefer to read for at least five minutes before I can no longer keep my eyes open.

63 Volunteer. ​​Go to gov.uk/government/get-involved for ideas.
I have volunteered a couple of times in my life - I did some community work at uni and then did some IT training for seniors on my year off.  And I've really enjoyed it and it did improve my life - it certainly improved my patience, if nothing else.  I might even consider volunteering now, except there are no spots left in our area because my wife has taken them all.  But if you're lucky enough to live somewhere where they can take you, then why not give it a go?

64 Dry your cutlery with a cloth (it keeps it shiny).
WTAF is this on about?  Our cutlery is perfectly shiny and we never put a cloth anywhere near it.  Maybe if we did then I'd understand what shiny means but, you know what, I think I'm fine.

65 Instead of buying a morning coffee...
...set up a daily transfer of £2 from a current into a savings account and forget about it. Use it to treat yourself to something different later.  OK.  Right.  Let's just say I will not be doing this.  Because if I did, I'd have to go without my morning coffee and that would not improve my life.  Or anyone else's.


66 Don’t save things for “best”. Wear them – enjoy them.
I agree with the principle here, except that I might not save them for "best", but I will save them for "something" - and currently very few days feature "something".  But when it turns up, I'll be happy to wear my "best".

67 Sing!
Yup - I've no problems with this.  And neither should you.


68 Think about your posture: don’t slouch, and don’t cross your legs.
I do think about my posture - and I think I really shouldn't slouch or cross my legs.  And then I continue to slouch and cross my legs.

69 Hang your clothes up. Ideally on non-wire hangers (it’s better for them).
I do this - except for teeshirts.  No-one hangs up teeshirts, right?  I must admit to using wire hangers though - I like to live dangerously, I guess.

70 Skinny-dip with friends.
But not this dangerously.  Just no.

Singing whilst volunteering gets my vote here - both activities really do improve your life.  Hard to know which recommendation I hate the most - skinny dipping nearly wins, but I think the idea of going without my morning coffee just shades it.

51-60 : A genuinely good suggestion
71-80 : Hmmm...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves