No matter gain nor grain - it's those tiny little sparks

Continuing my trip up #album-of-the-day...

21.12.03 : Solace - Jakob (2006)

I remember this being perfectably acceptable bleepy noises which I didn't manage to listen to until after the weekend because I'm just rude.

Only just got round to listening to Jakob - it's some nicely put together sounds.  It would still be too distracting for me to work to though!

The channel gave it one thumbs up, one heart, one positive comment and some praise for Steely Dan (which is never an acceptable state of affairs).  Wikipedia doesn't have an awful lot on the album but does tell me it was produced by David Holmes who has done some interesting stuff in his time.  But that's pretty much all it has to tell me really.

"Customers also listened to" Paint The Sky Red, The Moth Gatherer and Tides From Nebula - cool names and no mistake.  I think this is fine though - I won't be rushing back to it, but I've got no problems if I bump into it again.

21.12.06 : Black Coffee - Beth Hart And Joe Bonamassa (2018)

I remember this because it sounded exactly like I suspected it would - well done bluesy rock, but not something to float my boat.  And since my channel comment said exactly that, I'll not bother copy and pasting it in - instead I'll spend far longer typing this sentence which explains its absence (and obviously there were a shed load of typos in there because I knew it was a pointless sentence).  I'd have to say I don't like the album cover either.  The channel gave it six thumbs up, three hearts, a lot more love than I did and some complaints about how expensive tickets to see him live are (although I bet he's impressive).  

Wikipedia has an entry for the album that says it exists.  It did surprisingly well in the UK though - #7 in the charts there and #1 in The Netherlands, but only #63 in the US, which feels like much more of a natural home for it.  "Customers also listened to" White Sugar by Joanne Shaw Taylor, which seems an appropriate companion piece.  But it's not for me, I'm afraid.

21.12.07 : Melody AM - Röyksopp (2001)

Yeah, love this.  It's super cool

I want to give you some good frequencies - 170, 2.6, 2245, 3032, 400.  A classic of its kind

The channel gave it fifteen thumbs up (nice of them to agree with me!), a lot of love and some discussion as to how albums featuring a millions remixes are super-annoying (but you mustn't blame the band, kids).  Wikipedia reminds me it's 20 years old - wow, where did that time go?  It also tells me the critics loved it - no surprises there and in a further lack of surprise, it got to #1 in Norway.  Nobody expected that!  It did OK in the UK getting to #9, but not so well in Japan only getting to #211 - and I imagine there aren't too many countries that count down that far.

"Customers also listened to" Lemon Jelly, Mr Scruff, Groove Armada and The Cinematic Orchestra - all worth checking out if you like a bit of Röyksopp.  But, imho, not quite as good - and this is peak Röyksopp, so you really can't go wrong with it.  In case you didn't guess, I'm a big fan.

An easy win for the cheeky Norwegian funsters for me - well done, Roy.

21.11.30 - MUST. REMEMBER. MORE.
21.12.08 - FOUR albums?!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves