A carton of eggs thinks it's all worthwhile

Continuing my trip up #album-of-the-day...

21.06.25 : Astral Weeks : Van Morrison (1968)

One of two his I've previously met - and it's definitely not my favourite of two ("directionless Celtic noodlery"), although I was impressed that most of the music was done in a 3 hour take with no instruction from Van.

The channel gave it two green hearts, two nices and a couple of positive comments.

21.06.27 : Z : My Morning Jacket (2005)

A band I was previously aware of via a morning Glasto slot but I'd not listened to this album in ages and I remembered it being fine, but not really having enough to drag me back.  My channel comment was 

I quite like this one - hadn't heard it in years so thanks for the memory jog.  I saw them at Glasto around the time of It Still Moves their previous album and they were good time rockers who put on a good gig - and then they came out with this which is markedly different (and better imho).

so I guess I liked it more than I remembered.  It's a pleasingly bonkers album cover as well.  The channel gave this two nices, one thumbs up, a couple of positive comments and the first new joiner in quite some time.  Wikipedia notes how different this is from their previous output, how well received it was critically and completely ignores its commercial reception, which suggests it wasn't exactly a runaway success.

"Customers also listened to" Jim James, Strand Of Oaks and Band Of Horses - all of whom have very weird album covers.  But I don't mind Band Of Horses, so I might try the others at some point - and I must attempt to remember I quite like this and maybe even listen to it again at some point.

21.06.27 : Kid A : Radiohead (2000)


One of five of theirs I've previously met - and it's definitely not one of my favourites.  I'm definitely Team-The-Bends and Team-OK-Computer - any of their other stuff is just too weird for my delicate ears.

The channel gave this eight thumbs up, two nices, one heart, a couple of positive comments and then just me whinging about it.

All in all, this round was an easy win for My Morning Jacket for me, without them even having to get out of bed.

21.06.22 - A fine selection
21.06.30 - Another fine selection

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves