I thought you cared about me

Continuing my trip back through the 1958 album charts.

23/03/58 : Where Are You? - Frank Sinatra


A couple of weeks skipped over, both of which had Pal Joey at #1 - I've absolutely no idea what people saw in that album back then! So what better to escape some pointless Frank tracks than with this - oh, hang on...

This is one of his slow, sultry, stringy albums - I think they're well done and his voice sounds good on them, but I just never feel the need for them in my life. By the end I was totally "oh, do a get a move on!" - a whole album was just too much.

We're at #4 in the charts this week on his fifth and final week of the only run it had, peaking at #3 in its third week on the chart. The rest of the top five were Pal JoeyThe King And IOklahoma! and yet more Frank (of course!).

Wikipedia tells us this is his thirteenth album and the first he did on Capital without Nelson Riddle and I do think the arrangements aren't quite as good as some we've seen around this time, so maybe he was missing him. And that's pretty much your lot, except there is a suggestion that we've still got another Sinatra album to come this year!

"Customers also listened to" a load of other albums by Frank - have we not suffered enough this year? To which the answer is "of course not" because we've got one more trip with one of our nemeses before the year is over.

23/03/58 - A very enjoyable album

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves