We the generation and we have had enough

Continuing my trip back through the 2015 album charts.

09/10/15 : We The Generation - Rudimental


I think I quite like Rudimental, but couldn't tell you one thing they've done and this is our first visit with them, so let's hope they live up to (possibly unrealistic) expectations.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with any of this if you like a bit of drum and bass - although I'm not sure I needed a whole hour of it. What we do have here though is a first because "Bloodstream" is back for the second album in a row. It's interesting to consider the number of things that needed to line up to allow that to happen - it's a collaboration between Rudimental and Ed Sheeran and they both included it on their albums (this version is unsurprisingly more DnB), but the albums were released over a year apart, somehow I'd never crossed paths with X until yesterday/last week and they both just happened to be high enough up the chart for things to work out! And, quite frankly, that was probably the thing that interested me most about the album (it is a good track though!).

We're at #1 in the chart with a new entry this week on the start of a fourteen week run, after which it went away for a couple of weeks and then came back for another eight. The rest of the top five were Ed Sheeran, Jess Glynne (not long now!), David Gilmour and Editors and we have one more new entry in the top ten for Avicii (#9).

Wikipedia tells me this is their second album and it features a whole host of guest artists - as well as Ed we've got Lianne La Havas, Dizzee Rascal, Ella Eyre. Bobby Womack and Anne-Marie, who was apparently their vocalist for two years. There's no word on the critical response but it did well commercially in some far flung places - #8 in Ireland, #5 in New Zealand and #4 in Australia and Hungary.

"Customers also listened to" Sigma, Jess Glynne, Ella Eyre and Becky Hill - a load of very similar vibes, which I don't mind in reasonable sized doses. As is true for Rudimental - nothing here massively jumped out at me but it was a decent enough listen.

02/10/15 - I wanted to like this more than I did
16/10/15 - How had I never heard this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves