My girlfriend's bitchin' 'cause I always sleep in

Continuing my trip back through the 2015 album charts.

30/10/15 : Sounds Good Feels Good - 5 Seconds Of Summer

Obviously I know who 5SOS are (this is my third visit with them, after all), but I can never remember whether I find them annoyingly catchy or just plain annoying. I guess this is another opportunity for me to remind myself (and immediately forget 5 seconds later).

I guess it's more the former, with a dash of the latter - "She's Kinda Hot" is indeed annoyingly catchy, but a whole album of that sort of thing does start get a bit annoying. But it only starts to do so and I think it just about stays this side of bearable - it seems like they can't quite decide if they want to be One Direction, Busted or (Dookie era) Green Day, but all sounds are pleasant enough to my ears in reasonable doses. Also, let's face it, this album is very much not aimed at me - but there's far worse people could have been (and were) listening to. That's a horrible album cover though, isn't it?

We're at #1 with a new entry on the chart this week at the start of a twelve week run - they didn't quite plummet out of the chart, but they didn't hang around either. And it's also new entries throughout the rest of the top five for Bryan Adams, Andrea Bocelli, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot (I listened to this and quite enjoyed it) and Daniel O'Donnell (I did not listen to this!) - again, it's not exactly youth storming the chart this week. And we have one more new entry in the top ten for Joanna Newsom (#10) and slightly further down there was also a surprising appearance for Killing Joke (#17).

Wikipedia tells me this is their second album, but there's astonishingly little else on the matter. The critics seem to be pretty nice about it, but apparently it was "criticized for its lack of cohesiveness and cliche themes" - were people really expecting cohesion or a lack of cliché? I very much doubt the fans were, with it also getting to #1 in Australia (unsurprisingly), Austria, Canada, The Netherlands, Ireland, Italy, Norway and the US.

"Customers also listened to" One Direction, The Vamps, Why Don't We and Only The Poets - I don't know the last two and I have no intention of finding out about them. But I have to admit to finding a whole album of this to be less annoying than I was expecting.

23/10/15 - I wasn't expecting that
06/11/15 - Well, it could have been worse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves