Which of the Pickwick triplets did it?

Continuing my trip down The Guardian's Top 50 TV Shows of 2023 

#27 : Only Murders In The Building 

Meryl Streep! Paul Rudd! The most charming trio of leads on TV! As Selena Gomez, Martin Short and Steve Martin returned for the gloriously daft third series of this comic crime caper, the ante was very much upped for the calibre of guest star. Streep stole every scene she was in, Rudd’s supremely game turn as an excruciatingly awful Hollywood star was a riotous pleasure and Tina Fey’s evil true-crime podcast host was as brilliant as ever. A consistent delight.

I was introduced to this by The Guardian in 2021 and it quickly became a favourite for me and my eldest, so this is another season that I watched as it came out - one of an impressive six on the list this year, he says modestly!

And actually, I don't really need to say much more about it than The Guardian has already said - it is indeed "gloriously daft", this season's "ante was very much upped for the calibre of guest star" and "Streep stole every scene she was in"It's silly, engaging, funny, touching, well-done and everyone looks to be having an absolute blast - whoever decided that Selena Gomez, Martin Short and Steve Martin would make an excellent comic team is obviously a genius.  I'm also going to give a shout out to Jane Lynch who is as much of a scene-stealer in this as she was in Glee (and I also learn from Wikipedia that she won an Emmy for The Marvelous Mrs Maisel).

I don't really have anything more to say about it - if you want a bit of fun in your life, then look no further than Disney+ but start at season 1, because there are a lot of recurring characters and plotlines in this.  Believe me, it's worth it!

#22 - A family favourite finishes
#28 - Yeah, this was good

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves