That was the Earth telling me I'm supposed to do something great

Continuing my trip down The Guardian's Top 50 TV Shows of 2023 

#16 : I Think You Should Leave With Tim Robinson 

There is nothing else on TV like this absurd 15-minute sketch show. Its skits are delightfully disorienting – careening off in wild directions until laughter mingles with shock. In its third season, it served up just as many moments of hysteria, guest stars including Jason Schwartzman, Fred Armisen and The Bear’s Ayo Edebiri, and something totally new: the odd moment where things actually work out OK for Robinson’s OTT characters. One of TV’s funniest shows, bar none.

I've checked out both of the previous series because The Guardian told me they were great - I'm not expecting this third series to change my mind but I feel I can risk one fifteen minute episode just to make sure.

And you, know what?  Third times a charm!  Oh no, hang on...

There are some interesting ideas but there are also some very peculiar ideas, but the sketches all go on far too long and then they end on the most bizarre notes.  And that's all I need to write because if you need any more info (and you really don't) you can just read my previous post.

#15 - A diverting, fun series
#17 - Really well written


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves