They don't even see us leavin' this thin air that we're breathin'

Continuing my trip forward in time through the album charts

14/04/23 : Higher Than Heaven - Ellie Goulding

It's another second visit (we've had a lot of them recently) - like last time, I'm expecting this to be perfectly fine but not be enough to convert any non-Ellie fans.

And well, that's exactly where we are.  It was all perfectly fine - but none of it stuck in my brain in the slightest.  If you like Ellie, you're probably going to like this - and if you don't, then you don't need me to tell you to avoid it.  I'd love to tell you more about it, but I'm struggling to think of anything useful to say...

We're at #1 with a new entry this week - her (somewhat surprisingly) fourth #1 album but her previous album only hung around for four weeks and I suspect this won't don't do any better.  The rest of the top five are NF (a new entry), The Weeknd, Lewis Capaldi (up 13 places, probably due to the Netflix documentary) and Taylor (still hanging in there!) and there are no more new entries in the top ten, but it's somewhat of a surprise to see Linkin Park's '03 release back in at #7.  The next new entry is Daughter (#12) which I might check out - they make some interesting noises.

Wikipedia tells me she thinks this is her best album - nobody expected that, eh?!?  For a change though, the critics actually agreed - most of them were pretty nice about it.  And it's done well commercially as well - she's now tied with Adele as the most successful British female solo artist in terms of #1 albums (although I suspect Adele might have sold a few more than our Ellie).

"Customers also listened to" Ava Max, The Jonas Brothers, Ed Sheeran and Tiesto - that's a peculiar mix and no mistake.  I can take or leave Ellie though - she's perfectly listenable but I'd struggle to say I'd bother to go out of my way to actually listen to her.

07/04/23 - Feels like it deserves a few more listens
21/04/23 - Just not for me

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves