He was a little bit scared, a little apprehensive - he was just a boy from a local comprehensive

Continuing my trip back through the 2010 album charts.

18/04/10 : Everybody Wants To Be On TV - Scouting For Girls

Our first visit with Scouting For Girls - I can't say I know a load about them.  They're a slightly trendier Busted, aren't they?

Yeah, that's pretty much where we are - it's all perfectly jaunty but there's not a lot more to it than that.  However, I did learn something which surprised me - they're English!  I've no idea why I thought they were American, but there's no chance of a US band using the word "comprehensive" as they do in the lyrics I've used for this post's title.  And, unfortunately, that's the only song I remember from the entire album.  It is quite a US looking album cover though, isn't it?  (or is just me?)

We're at #2 with a new entry in the charts this week on their start of a 28 week run - it's not quite the 78 week run their eponymous debut from '07 managed.  The rest of the top five were Plan B (another new entry), Lady Gaga, MGMT (another new entry) and Justin Bieber (I can't wait to listen to that one soon!) and we have one more new entry in the top ten with Joshua Radin's Simple Times (#9) which is a very decent album indeed.  

Wikipedia doesn't have an awful lot on the album but does give us the following "fascinating" fact - "Otis Spooge was dropped from the line up on account of his poor whistling on the previous album".  Which feels like an in-joke, but it's one I'm definitely not in on.  The only other content is a list of all the singles from the album - "This Ain't a Love Song" got to #1, but the highest any of the others got was #17 and two of them didn't even make the top 40.  Wikipedia tells us the critics gave it mixed reviews, but the reviews they list seem pretty consistent to me with everyone hating it - NME giving it an amusing 0/10.  The UK public didn't care though and it also charted in Ireland and, somewhat unexpectedly, Germany.

"Customers also listened to" The Feeling, McBusted, The Ordinary Boys and Orson (they're the American ones!) - none of them being exactly up my street.  And, it seems, we can say the same for Scouting For Girls with "She's So Lovely" still the one track of theirs I recognise - and it's not on this album.

11/04/10 - If you like it, then I guess you like it
25/04/10 - Much better than I as expecting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves