I had a dream we went away - left this city for a day

Continuing my trip back through the 2006 album charts.

11/06/06 : Twelve Stops And Home - The Feeling

And that's three albums in a row where the artist involved is only really known for one single!  I did buy this one though and remember it's not too dreadful - just not as good as the single that everyone loved.

Ah yes - "Fill My Little World".  That's the one.  And a fine single it is too.  The rest of it is pleasant enough as well - I actually remembered "I Love It When You Call" too.  The whole thing's got quite a 70s sound a la ELO or Supertramp to it - much more suited to a sunny Sunday afternoon than a grey February day, but you can't have everything, I guess.  It did struggle to hold my attention for the 56 minute length of the original and I didn't even attempt the three hour deluxe version - seriously, who asked for that?  But we did own the original, taking us up to eight albums for the year.

We're at #2 with a new entry this week on its way to a 45 week run, which feels very generous indeed.  And in a year where we haven't been inundated with new entries in the top five, we've got a week where they all are, with Sandi Thom, Ronan Keating, Paul Simon (with Surprise - which wasn't an album I was previously aware of) and Primal Scream occupying the other places.

Wikipedia doesn't have an awful lot on the album but it looks massive because it gives the full tracklist of the deluxe version.  The critics were very mixed on the album - they either loved it or hated it.  But it did well enough commercially, although not really anywhere else apart from here.

"Customers also listened to" Orson, Toploader and Nerina Pallot - which is a slightly odd mix, to say the least.  This was a pleasant enough album, but I can imagine it would get pretty tiresome after repeated listens.

04/06/06 - A nice Sunday morning listen
18/06/06 - Perfectly fine, but nothing more than that

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves