We have to do better! We can't just leave it all up to Chadwick Boseman!

Continuing my trip down The Guardian's Top 50 TV Shows of 2021.  

#33 : Insecure

Issa Rae’s comedy about a group of black LA girlfriends living, loving and frequently falling flat on their faces while doing both has spent five seasons deftly combining laugh-out-loud hilarity (who could forget Kelli getting tasered?) with real poignancy. Its ongoing final series has given fans a steady stream of zingers, contrasting the reality that a happy ever after for Issa, Molly, Lawrence and co is far from guaranteed.


The fifth and final season of a comedy about black LA girlfriends, you say?  I'm sure it's all good, but it sounds like I'd have to start at the beginning - so, I'm sorry sisters, but this ain't happening.

It's got very good write-ups though, so if it sounds like it'd be up your street then give it a go and let me know...

#32 - Interesting, but slightly disappointing
#34 - Well worth a giggle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves