I get lost sometimes

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

21/08/20 : A Celebration Of Endings - Biffy Clyro



Last time we met Biffy Clyro, I declared it to be not my sort of thing, but surprisingly bearable - so I was suspecting more of the same here...

...which I got, although this time around I guess it's unsurprisingly bearable - I'd possibly even go as far as say I quite liked it.  "Space" is a fine track which builds very nicely and went straight on my general playlist - some of the other tracks were a bit too noisy for my sensitive ears, but overall I'd say it's a well-crafted album which sounds pretty good turned up loud.

We're in the usual place in the chart this week - they managed seven weeks before disappearing, which seems like a reasonable run and suggests they've got a decent fanbase out there.  Other new entries in the top ten this week are Sea Girls (#3), James Dean Bradfield (#6) and The Levellers (#8 - they're still going?!?).

Wikipedia doesn't have an awful lot on the album other than the slightly surprising information that it features a lot more string players than you'd expect - ten violinists, four cellists and three viola players (violists?).  The critics loved the album - Kerrang! in particular waxed lyrical about it - and it did pretty well globally, getting to the top 5 in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

"Customers also listened to" Fatherson, Twin Atlantic and Lonely The Brave - none of whom I can tell you the faintest thing about.  But Biffy Clyro have come out of this learning exercise well for me - there's some decent stuff on this album.

14/08/20 - A horrible album cover hiding some decent tunes
28/08/20 - Just all a bit lazy really

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves