There is nobody else who can do you like you can do

Continuing my trip back in time through the album charts

04/06/21 : Life's A Beach - Easy Life


I'm not aware I've heard of album or artist, so approaching this with no expectations.

And hmmm - it's an odd one.  It's like a laid-back Arctic Monkeys - urban poetry over a slightly Balearic beat.  I can't say I liked it but I didn't hate it either - if I gave a few more listens I might get into it, but I'm not convinced.  And it turns out I was aware of them - "skeletons" (yes, it's an album with annoying lower case track titles) was all over the radio back in the summer and I do actually quite like that track.  But a whole album of it just kinda blurred together into nothingness for me.

We're at #2 in the chart this week - they debuted there behind Olivia (who else?) and managed 3 weeks on the chart in total.  Other new entries in the top ten were Texas (#3), Del Amitri (#5 - I have a soft spot for them from the old days, but they're VERY Radio 2 these days) and Bugzy Malone (#7).  Taylor had obviously been up to something this week as well because evermore was at #4, having climbed 70 places.

Wikipedia doesn't have an awful lot on the album - basically the critics liked it.  It also describes it as being "alternative R&B" - which I'd have to say isn't a genre I have even considered that I might exist.  I can't say it's an overly useful description - further Googling suggests it means "may contain R&B".

Customers also listened to HONNE, Anna Of The North and Justus Bennetts - none of whom I can tell you the slightest thing about.  But, I did have to check where Anna Of The North came from and I can reveal she comes from Gjøvik - which is in the SOUTH!  Of Norway, so I guess she's still pretty North - phew.  Anyways, back to Easy Life (who hail from Leicester, which is neither North nor South) - I don't really know what to say about this album.  It's quite different, but not interestingly so - which is quite interesting in itself, I guess.  Has that helped?  Probably not, I'm guessing...

28/05/21 - An unexpectedly pleasant surprise
11/06/21 - An album I may well revisit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I saw your mum - she forgot that I existed

She's got a wicked way of acting like St. Anthony

Croopied in the reames, shepherd gurrel weaves